Thursday, January 26, 2006

Hi, there

Another post from the lab.

Recently I have been keeping to a very healthy schedule, waking up at 09:30 and sleeping at around 01:00, until last night. Last night, I worked on my research until 4 in the morning. Although I woke up at 11:00 today, I feel good. Not that I want to say that I feel good because I have had 7 hours of sleep, what I want to tell is that sometimes it is good to break out from a routine. Of course in order to break the routine, you will first have to have a routine.

We always hear people complaining that they are tired of routine work. And we feel good when we can get out of it. So, what I would like to suggest here is, why don't we purposely get ourselves a routine and then delibrately break it? Then we might feel good.

Alright, enough non-sense.

Just read a comparison by CNET between the AMD's dual-core chips and Intel's dual-core chips. I have gained some interest in Intel's since Apple's new iMac and the coming MacBook Pro are using its Core Duo chips, but this article has reminded me about the truth. Go to look for yourself, AMD is certainly the winner. However, there must be a reason why Apple has chosen Intel's. And I think I know the answer. You see. AMD's chips, although powerful, has a bad reputation on energy consumption and heat problems. After experiencing the consequences of these weaknesses with Power PC, I think Apple has made the right choice. However, I think if I am going to buy a desktop, AMD is the sure way to go. On the notebook side, stick with Intel.

Just some thoughts.

You can read the review here.

Oh, ya. Before I forgot.

Happy Chinese New Year!

3 comments:

Sugar said...

First of all, it's not CNY yet!! :p though looking forward to the CNY eve dinner this Sat. :) Last year, me and my friends in gaidai had round table dinner with more than 10 dishes!! geng leh? hehe

Anyway, secondly, my desktop is AMD!! :)

koyi said...

First of all, I know it is not CNY yet! :p But you think I am gonna sit in front of the computer writing Happy Chinese New Year right at 00:00 of 29th of January? ... err... most probably I am... hehehe....

And, secondly, I also know you are using a AMD box and you should thank me for making the right choice for u :P

koyi said...

do you mean the opinion on "breaking the routine" part or the "Intel vs. AMD" part? Well, I think you were referring to the latter didn't you? hehehe..