Thursday, January 27, 2005

Happiness that stay forever...

Be happy
Don't let your worries tie you down
Learn how to make your heart
As deep and as wide as ocean

Be happy
Don't try to figure out everything
Letting go is a must
To make happiness stay forever

- Translation of part of a song by Beyond -

The first time I listened to this song was when I was still in junior high school. My sister was(and still is, I guess) a great fan of a band from Hong Kong named Beyond. And this is one of their songs that I like the most. It has since then helped me through many down periods.

Someone may claim that, if you let go of everything, there will never be improvements. But I think the opposite way. Perhaps I am such a pessimist that letting go is the only way to calm me down, thus enabling me to concentrate better.

Recently I have been thinking about the copyrights law and reading a book written by Richard M. Stallman with the title "Free Software, Free Society". I really admire him because he can let go of many things just to uphold his own idea. For those who don't know, he is the man behind the free software movement. Take note that the "free" here doesn't mean "without a fee" as in "free beer", but "free" as in "freedom". They are different, ok? I think I will make mistakes if I try to explain the concepts here, so if you are interested please do a search for "Richard Stallman" and you will find out what kind of world he is trying to pursue.

Yawn~~~!(-_-)~~ Gnite.

No comments: