Monday, January 17, 2005

Another hard coding day...

Phew... the compiler is a bit nearer to completion today. There is only one last feature I have to implement to get it into the next stage: the test phase. I think I will have some hard time again debugging this badly designed compiler :P But I think I should be able to pass in before the deadline :D Thanks to those who are supporting me, directly or indirectly :)

But there is another nightmare, the experiment. I have to design a pipelined processor in this experiment but I still haven't passed the first stage... Luckily the lecturers gave us extra time on it. See how I perform tomorrow.

Anyway, I think I will have some time to relax after completing these two assignments. Then I might format my computer again :P Oh, by the way I am running Debian Sarge now, on both my desktop and iBook G4. I really like it but I feel it is somehow slower than Slackware and FreeBSD. Perhaps it is because of the bloated desktop environments I am using. Although it is always said that linux can run on very old machines, it is not so true nowadays. If you would like to enjoy all the latest technologies, you might need a rather modern machine. FYI, I am running GNOME 2.8 and KDE 3.3 on an Athlon XP 1800+ box and I don't have much complaints about it :D

See you + Good night.

exit

No comments: